- Do all that you can do and then rest in God.
- Worry is a faith issue. When going through circumstances it is important to trust that God has my best interests in mind.
- Worry is practical atheism.
- He knows what I need. I need to trust in that and that He will bring me to it in the right time.
- When God is our first priority these worries soon disappear and God takes care of them and me.
- Put God's kingdom ahead of my own. "And all these things will be given to you as well" - God will show up and provide what I need because He will be glorified through me putting His needs and kingdom ahead of my own.
- Matthew 6:34 "So then, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own."
One other great reminder that Pastor Dustin emphasized during his message today is that to make sure our priorities are straight are by serving God in what ever way He calls us to in the moment. It may be simply shutting off whatever form of media you are 'enjoying' and read His word, it may be going out and physically serving, it ma be monetary giving to God's kingdom or any number of other things. It is in this call to serve God that we will begin to worry less because His will is being done and He takes care of His creation which is exactly what we are. We, as humans, are a piece of God's creation that He loves so dearly that He planned our lives out even before we were born (Psalm 139:16 "Your eyes saw me unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.") It is in this promise that I can rest upon. If I am to put God first and myself second He will take care of me.