Monday, September 10, 2012

updated fall

So to keep everyone updated about what has been going on for me – I did not get the job with YFC. I found out last Wednesday. To say that I was disappointed is sort of an understatement.  I was pretty certain up until that point that I was going to get the job and that God was really calling me to that position.  I guess God had other ideas. J
For the very near future (the next two weeks) I am going to be at the camp still finishing up any office work and whatever other work they find for me to fill my time.  I am very grateful for this opportunity to have something to do for the next little while.  People keep asking me what is happening next for me and I give them the answer of ‘I’m at camp for two more weeks and then I am unemployed again’.  I say this all with a smile on my face but deep down it does scare me a little bit.
I have been looking online for job postings and I plan to hand out resumes in Brandon on Saturday but the unknown is still very scary.  I am trying to put all my faith and trust in God that He will bring me to the job that He has in mind and planned for me, however, it is difficult at times to see where He is bringing me.  I know in my heart that God has a plan for me but my head is trying desperately to make me believe that He doesn’t.  I know that these are lies from the Evil One and that I cannot let him get a foothold in my life and I pray that God will continue to show me His plan for my life and protect my thoughts from the Evil One.
Another thing that is going on for me right now is school.  I am currently taking one class (which starts this evening) at school that I have to drive in for every Monday.  I am really excited for this opportunity to continue with my schooling and being one step closer to being done my degree.  I know that it is going to be a lot of work and that it isn’t going to be easy but I am very excited about it and I know that God will give me the strength to get through it and do it well. J


Well that was the blog that I was going to post this morning, and I would have to if the bosses didn’t decide to have their meeting – that I was sort of a part of –  right after I finished typing it up.  So instead I waited to post and things have already changed.  Right before lunch the director of U-turn called and told me that they decided that they were going to hire for the position I had interviewed for and asked me if I was still interested in the position. After I told him that I was still very interested he told me to get in touch with the program developer to go over some details.  I called him shortly after and we set up a meeting for tomorrow afternoon.  God is doing amazing things and I am so blessed to call Him my Lord and Saviour!  I praise God for the work that He is doing in my life and how he is showing me His plans!

No comments: